Sunday, June 10, 2012

Raspberry Jamble

"I can make jam and drive carpool and have play groups. Maybe that's enough." -Meredith Grey, Grey's Anatomy


I doubt Meredith Grey was saying anything nice about SAHMs when she voiced the above, but whatever, lady. I made jam. I have a lot of berries I need to do something with, so gimme a break! This was fun, and I need to do another jar soon, since the berries are ripening faster than we can eat them off the vines. (P.S. Do you think I can freeze these since I don't know how to do the boiling water bath thing?)



Pairs well with English muffins and the book Jamberry, by Bruce Degen.

2 comments:

Cupcake Mama said...

Wow, I would take some berries off your hands! Are you sterilizing the jars and transferring the jam while the jar is still hot? The water bath is sticking the jars in boiling water until you hear the seal pop. Freezing probably works too.

Jennifer Bardsley said...

Are those black raspberries? Yum! We just have red and yellow and they aren't ripe yet.

P.S. That Meredit Gray line bugged me too.