Sunday, March 31, 2013

Field-Trip Sunday: Petersen Automotive Museum

I think we're just not really car people? We visited the Petersen Automotive Museum on Museum Row on Wilshire's Miracle Mile today, and kept ourselves occupied for a while (not least because there's a Johnny Rockets inside where you can eat lunch), but I think we were all a bit "meh" about the whole thing.

There was an exhibit about streamlining that would have been an amazing resource for a kid studying physics and math, but overall we couldn't quite figure out what to do with ourselves. And it's really dark in this museum. Why no windows, Petersen?

"Batman? ...Mom, he doesn't move." (As seen in the Hollywood Cars gallery.)

This was on the second floor, which I actually liked best because it had the most actual cool cars. The first floor is a weird historical display and the third floor is the thematically confused children's floor.

Hands-on Model T experience in the children's gallery.

There are also two huge Hot Wheels race ramps in the children's gallery. These were Jackson's favorite part of the trip.


This was my favorite thing. Nothing to do with cars although the placard did mention something about "motion." I sat and watched the various routes the balls could take while breastfeeding Jason. Very entertaining. When I'm a gatrillionaire, I want one of these things in my house. :)

No comments: